Thursday, February 18, 2010

Market Wishfuls

For those of us who cross stitch and/or dream of cross stitching more, our favorite shop owners will be going to market in Nashville this week-end and bringing back lots of delectable goodies for our new projects. I have preordered Carriage House Samplings' Autumn at Hawk Run Hollow with the 36 ct. fabric Lakeside Linen Sand Dune to go with it. I am pondering whether to use DMC or Vicki Clayton silks on my project. What are some wishfuls the rest of you are looking forward to?

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure what I am wishful for....something that really blows my socks off I guess. I know Blackbird Designs is going to have a new book of samplers that I am excited to see!! I am just in love with cross stitch right now and the added fun of our group stitching together puts me over the moon!

    On a reading note, I ordered Reservation Blues from my book swap group. Thanks for the recommendation! I want to hear what other books you use in class. Tell me on Sunday! Okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are comfortable stitching with silks and you have the $$, then go for it. Personally, I prefer DMC partly because there are more colors. DMC may have 6 different shades of copper, for instance, but Vicki Clayton silks only has 2. It's YOUR decision, Jon Lee and what ever you choose will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete