Thursday, July 15, 2010

Eclipse

I went to see the movie Eclipse yesterday. I enjoyed it. I have seen all three of the Twilight movies: Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. I haven't read the books, but I do have a copy of Twilight. I can understand why they're such a phenomenon. After all, I grew up watching Dracula movies and Frankenstein movies. I will never forget being scared to death by Jack Palance as Dracula. Of course, Stephenie Meyer has taken the vampire story to an entirely new level: it makes the vampire a hero, not a villian. The original Dracula by Bram Stoker did not contain such romance, only horror. I'm not sure what all of this means, but with the Twilight clothing and accessories, plus the overwhelming success of the stars in these movies, I suppose it's the new in thing for young people, especially girls. Now why did I enjoy the movie? It's attractive, appealing, and the scenery is spectacular. Is it harmless? I suppose. I, however, am not one of the young girls being taken in by the romance of it all. The vampire books have gotten many young people to read, so, in that respect, I think it's probably good. I'll leave that up to others to make that decision.



No comments:

Post a Comment