Saturday, July 31, 2010

Concert with Bon Jovi

One of the great things about living in the Chicago area is that I have the privilege of experiencing some wonderful events. I have always loved concerts. Last November I bought tickets to the Bon Jovi concert at Soldier Field scheduled for July 30. When I bought them, it seemed as if July was so far away, and it was. It arrived however, and I had such a good time. I went with a friend, my sister, and her friend. Chicago is a beautiful city. Soldier Field was the perfect venue for a great band like Bon Jovi. It was sold out, and there were about 60,000 people there. Bon Jovi has been performing for 27 years. Jon Bon Jovi is now 48 years old, and Richie Sambora is 51. They were excellent. Kid Rock is a great entertainer as well. There was even a local band who had won a Battle of the Bands concert who opened up the show prior to Kid Rock coming onstage. This band was called 7th Heaven. Kid Rock is quite a performer. He sings, plays guitar, piano, drums, and scratches on a turntable. He was fun. Bon Jovi is a fantastic band, with Richie Sambora's beyond excellent guitar playing, and the ever-youthful, ever-beautiful, Jon Bon Jovi in great voice. What an entertainer! Needless to say, I had fun, felt young, and have recovered from the under the water feel my ears had all night. All in all, I am grateful to have been able to experience such a wonderful event.




1 comment:

  1. You LUCKY girl!!! As you know I would have LOVED to go- glad you got to though! It sounded like a fantastic concert- how could it not have been? A friend has seen 7th Heaven and thought they were really good as well. Win Win all around!

    ReplyDelete