Monday, January 2, 2012

First Stitching Project of 2012

This will be my first stitching project 0f 2012. I have joined Becky's stitching challenge of a large sampler from her wonderful blog: Becky's Stitching Bee http://www.beckysc.blogspot.com/. Here are some pictures of my project. I can't wait to get started. I think that joining challenges often create that sense of purpose that many of us need. I often fall behind in my stitching because of obligations to my job, but one of my New Year's Resolutions (and I make few) is to take time for creativity outside of my job. Here's to a beautiful stitching experience with Red Birds.



I chose this project from Just Cross Stitch Magazine November/December 2011 issue. It is a design by Marie Barber called Red Birds. I love this design. I think the colors of the birds and the flowers are gorgeous.



I am stitching this project on Nightingale fabric by Birds of a Feather. I have had this fabric for many years. Red Birds seems like a perfect project to use this beautiful fabric for. I am using the called-for DMC threads. I think DMC Threads are beautiful and have a lustrious sheen to them. Sometimes in the stiching world of overdyeds and silks, I think that the DMC Threads are often overlooked. It's great also that we have twelve months to complete this project. That also gives me time to work on my other five projects that I have to complete with some stitching friends. Those are listed on my December 28 post.

Well, the first snowfall of the season is here. Just a hint of snow on the yards, and the sun is out now. It's very cold, and I look forward to going outside. There's something refreshing about the cold and the snow.

Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

  1. AS you know-I am SO looking forward to watching your beautiful project come to life :)
    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon Lee- I too fell in love with this vintagey-looking pattern when I spotted it on someone's blog. Just had to go in search of the magazine, and now I am awaiting it's arrival in the mail. Not sure exactly what position on my "to do" list it will go, but at least I will have it on hand when it makes to the "top" of that list. Can't wait to see your progress! All the best in 2012 and Happy Stitching too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Do you by chance still have this pattern?

      Delete
  3. IT is so pretty I know it will be beautiful when it is done. I love your blog with the snow and deer. Hope you have a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "snowy" beautiful blog backdrop is so lovely and peaceful. I love that beautiful Cardinal piece from Just Cross Stitch Magazine too, and I look forward to seeing your progress.

    Enjoy those peaceful moments with your needle in your hand this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just became a follower. I am so looking forward to seeing your progress on REDBIRDS. i have also started this piece(dec 2011) and working on it once a week. I love cardinals.
    joyce f / TX
    http://joycesloveoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Do you by chance still have this pattern?

    ReplyDelete