Friday, August 6, 2010

August Flowers

This has been an extremely wet summer. I think it has had an effect on my flowers. They look fine, but they don't have that flourish that they usually have at this time of the summer. The grass looks fine blowing in the wind. The last two pictures are of wiry seed pods from my clematis vines. I didn't know what they were, but I saw a posting on Vicki Lane's blog, Vicki Lane's Mysteries. Thanks Vicki for posting your picture which was so beautiful with the rain on the seed pod.






6 comments:

  1. Pretty pictures! That 5th flower looks like a ball of spaghetti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clematis seed pads -- like a galaxy of spinning stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are gorgeous! Stop and smell the flowers before it's time to go back to that "s" word. have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is so pretty. We have had alot of rain too this summer but it doesn't take long for the ground to dry out in this heat.

    I love your blog background with the little girl painting....very pretty....

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny - we've had not enough rain, you've had too much. Your photographs are lovely.

    ReplyDelete