Saturday, December 29, 2012

Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year

I decided that I needed something to enhance my waning enthusiasm for stitching. I'm not sure what happened, but I couldn't get going on what I once so dearly loved. I blamed it on everything, from work to worry and anxiety about everything. Whatever it was, I couldn't get that enthusiasm back. Happily, I happened on Plum Street Samplers' blog where Paulette mentioned Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year. I clicked on the link and came across what really intrigued me, a year of working on a Scarlet Letter sampler. I have often looked at the beautiful samplers but felt they were too much for me. Well, I decided to join Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year. It should be an opportunity to meet wonderful new people. I ordered two beautiful samplers. They haven't come in yet, so the pictures are from the Scarlet Letter website. I think this will be so much fun. Hopefully, you will too. The first sampler is SDW A German Band Sampler, circa 1710. I love the different animals that are on this sampler. I ordered the chart instead of the kit because I want to look for a fabric to stitch this sampler on. I haven't decided if I will use cotton or silk fibers yet. My second sampler is Margret Lawrance, A Scottish sampler, dated 1823. It has an illuminated alphabet which reminds me of William Blake, the poet, who engraved illuminated alphabets. I ordered the kit with 35 ct. fiber and silk fibers. I am so excited to receive both of these samplers.
 

Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year
 
SDW, A German Band Sampler, circa 1710 

Margret Lawrance, a Scottish sampler, circa 1823
 

 

http://www.scarletletteryear.blogspot.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. You picked two totally gorgeous samplers!!!!! I love both of them. Hope this gets your stitching back on track!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SDW is an amazing sampler as is Margret. Enjoy.


    Happy New Year dear friend. I wish the New year brings you lots of happiness and joy. May God shower his abundant blessings upon you all year round.

    ReplyDelete